Saturday 16 December 2017

YOU ARE ONLY COMING THROUGH IN WAVES,YOUR LIPS MOVE BUT I CAN'T HEAR WHAT YOU SAY

                   Anxiety , it is with me always . It rides my shoulders and it's scent and taste is with me every waking moment . Instinctively we cower , we wait for it to pass , close the door , turn off the lights .

                The many different therapies that I have explored teach of ' grounding' ourselves and centering our focus . My focus is quite clear and from my grounded position I stand and scream defiantly " No ! " it almost had me once , almost made me withdraw and cower . I am beaten raw by toxic environments and people , by the loss of half of myself in the fog and I may have been easy prey but this morsel is ready to fight back .

              I am here , I was here once , in this world , as a whole man , I had carved out a place for a guy like me to be , to live and say I will stay , I love her , I love them , I love US .

               Anxiety , I will recognize you in all of your forms . I will acknowledge your hold upon me , admit it though I hate that it exists . I will confront you , upright and refusing to shrink and cower , I will stand , the man that I am and will always be and once I have done that it will be ME that wields the power , me that walks among your kind and others will stand with me then .

                 Fear does not rule here my dear fellow survivors , walk with me , roll or do what you must to show your defiance , we have survived and we are stronger for it  Phil.

           

         

1 comment: