Wednesday 13 December 2017

DO TO ME WHAT YOU WILL , BREAK THE SPELL , TAKE YOUR FILL

DO TO ME WHAT YOU WILL , BREAK THE SPELL , TAKE YOUR FILL

For a few years now I have lived under the assumption that my own brain was constantly trying to manipulate me . Lately , it has been brought to my attention that my time has come , it is now my turn to mess with that little gray guy .

Both mental and occupational therapies have come to a point where it seems to be necessary to fool my own brain , Hmmmm . I've never subscribed to the whole " Use a ...smaller plate and your brain will think that you are eating larger portions " approach but I honestly feel that this is right for me right now .

At the height of the anxious and emotional turmoil that my mental state can reach , it has been suggested and encouraged that I find strategies to distract my thought process to surmount the problem . In fact , when I was in another city in a strange hospital , my thoughts panicked and terrified , I coped by unconsciously counting obsessively in sevens i.e: 7 - 14 - 21 - 28... and it helped .

For my arm , I am beginning to re-try Mirror box therapy . where I place my paralyzed arm inside of a box that has a mirror on the outside of it , then I do a series of exercises with the working hand while I watch them in the mirror . The point of this is to spark the brain's attempts to repair itself , as it sees what the left hand apparently needs to do . Again , I am not convinced that this is not a viable course of action

So my dear fellow survivors , I know that the paths that we travel are steep and rocky and I intend to meet you all at the top of the mountain , it is possible that we have all only fooled ourselves into thinking that we are there , so I am working on fooling myself into carrying up a case of beer , can one of you imagine a cooler full of ice ? See ya there Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment