Wednesday 13 December 2017

KNOW A GOVERNMENT MAN , HE WAS AS BLIND AS THE MOON , HE SAW THE SUN IN THE NIGHT

KNOW A GOVERNMENT MAN , HE WAS AS BLIND AS THE MOON , HE SAW THE SUN IN THE NIGHT

                 This ground , brown and cracked and scorched , it stretches on forever . The sun , always bright now , it's reaching fingers find me everyplace that I go in the salty air . An old one , more mummy than man , who had held a lofty place in one of the tribe camps that I have passed through .
" All of the hear abouts that you can see around you was once a great sea ..." he had croaked " It was like a slow death watching it boil away " . I had following his directions is far toward where the great city had stood but I could see nothing that was any different than anything else .

The world about us has changed , moved on and I'd been walking it for years , crawling it before that and before that ...well then I had walked in a different place with different air , ground and sun . My travels here in Strokeland had begun with purpose I started out hunting a man , a shadowy character who had run out on me once . At some point in the hunt I came to realize that what was gone was gone and I rested .

When I began to walk again , my new purpose was to see this new place , to discover my place within it as I am . My focus however is inward as well as in the hazy distance . I look behind me and realize that more of this Strokeland than is visible to me now has felt the fall of my feet , my uneven gait , the hot , arid wind may erase the footprints but the wind will not erase the marks lreft in me until my dehydrated form joins this landscape .

So perhaps my new purpose is to go as far as I can before it becomes time to lie down . I will see you on the horizon my dear fellow survivors , We can look at it from the other side Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment